| SurgeSpace Personal Information Protection Policy
| 1. SurgeSpace is in complete compliance with the laws and other regulations regarding the protection of personal information.
2. We take all possible measures to prevent against unauthorized access, loss of personal information, destruction, alteration and leakage of personal information.
| Applicable Scope of Personal Information
Personal information refers to the following content.
- Name, postal code, address, telephone number, date of birth, etc.
- ID, password and mail address, IP telephone number and past communication records, etc.
- Credit card information, as well as billing and arrears information, and so forth.
|Purpose of Use of Personal Information
| SurgeSpace utilizes personal information which is acquired via the services offered and uses it in the following ways:
- to improve efficiency and manage services and systems
- for user identification, billing purposes, modification of service fees and conditions, and
to notify users regarding discontinuation of service, cancellation of service or
annulment of contracts, and related information regarding all services offered
- notifications regarding new services, products, campaigns, gifts, etc.
- report maintenance and other important news and information
- through email newsletters, direct mail and fax transmissions to inform users of products
and services from our business partners that we think they may find useful
- for marketing of our products and services
- payment of products and services
Our company may change registered information such as town and city names, postal codes, financial institutions, credit card expiration dates, and so on when there is a change that causes issues regarding delivery of a product or service fee charge.
|Method of Acquiring Personal Information
| Personal information is acquired by legal and fair means, and when collecting information, SurgeSpace does not use any unjust methods that go against the user's will. For this purpose, the method of and purpose for collecting user information will always be posted on our company website, or permission will be requested from the individual user.
|Security of Personal Information
| With each of the services offered by SurgeSpace, appropriate action is taken to ensure that your information is correct and up to date.
Every precaution is taken to ensure that user information remains protected from unauthorized access, leakage, loss, or damage, and the management system in constantly examined and continuously improved.
|Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
| 1. SurgeSpace does not disclose or provide the personal information of users to third parties without prior approval from the individual user. In the case of collaboration with a third party which requires the use of personal information, we investigate the third party beforehand, establish necessary contracts such as a non-disclosure agreements, and so forth, and ensure that information will be properly handled and managed.
2. When a payment is made for a product or service, individual information may be exchanged between financial institutions. This is for the purpose of confirming that account numbers are correct and that credit cards are valid. Also, personal information may be disclosed when necessary due to legal implications, or when disclosure is judged to be necessary in order to protect or defend the rights, assets, or safety of SurgeSpace or anyone else.
|Disclosure of Personal Information
|At SurgeSpace, with the exception of the following cases, personal information is never disclosed.
1. When totals or analysis of personal information is disclosed or provided to a third party such as a business partner in a form that is not individually identifiable.
2. After consent for disclosure has been obtained from the relevant user.
3. When a court warrant is issued and information is disclosed in order to comply with such order, or with the law.
4. When there is an request for information from prosecutors, police, or regulatory authorities.
5. When there is a claim that corresponds to Article 4 of the Providers Liability Act (official name: "Act on the Limitation of Liability for Damages of Specified Telecommunications Service Providers and the Right to Demand Disclosure of Identification Information of the Senders").
|Amendment, Suspension, and the Deletion of Personal Information
| SurgeSpace manages the personal information of users in as accurate and up to date a form
as possible. Only when a user has verified ownership of the account will we disclose any information. If the information provided is inaccurate, completion of the instructions below will be necessary in order to continue with modification of the account details or deletion (cancellation) of the account.
However, deleting registration may mean that products or services can no longer be used as a result.
[From the web]
Please fill in the required information for the service being used, and specify the amendment, suspension, or deletion request.
Please be aware that password re-sending requests for INCOMING.JP and MailyWeb will be require an administration fee of the 525JPY (tax included),
[Confirmation by mail]
(When it is not possible to confirm through the above-mentioned Web site).
Although we apologize for the inconvenience, as well as purchasing a money order for the 525JPY (including tax) administration fee, please enclose the following documents and send them to address listed below. (Please note that we are unable to accept documents sent via 'payment on delivery'.)
1) A copy of one of the following (must be valid, include a photo, current address and date of birth)
- Driver's licence
- Basic resident register Card
- A copy of the residence certificate
- Certificate of items stated in resident register (original copy)
* If your current address is different from the one shown, a document listed in 3) will also
2) A copy of one of the following, and a document listed in 3) is necessary.
- Student ID card
- Health insurance card
- Pension notebook
- Health welfare notebook
3) One of the following is necessary as address confirmation and personal identification.
- Telephone bill (Mobile phone bill is acceptable)
- Gas bill
- Water service
- NHK original bill or receipt (issued within the last six months)
SurgeSpace Personal information management department
1-33-3-1903 Akabanenishi, Kita-ku, Tokyo, Japan, 115-0055
For other information not related to accessing, amendment, suspension or deleting account
information, please contact us below.
SurgeSpace - inquiries regarding personal information
Disclosure, amendment, suspension and deletion requests for Buttobi.net and PAKAPEKO
ONLINE can be carried out through the respective service. Requests regarding INCOMING.JP
and MailyWeb should be also sent via the relevant support forms.
|Use of IP Addresses
|SurgeSpace uses IP address of users recorded in the log for the following purposes.
- To ascertain the cause and resolve any problems that may occur with our servers.
- For site management.
| Rules for Usage in Relation to the Personal Information Protection Law
| Personal information in our company is handled only by authorized persons, and only within
the scope of business purposes.
|Prohibited Points Regarding Personal Information
| - We do not use personal information in any way other that the purposes of use described
previously. We take full precautions to ensure that personal information is not taken or
sent outside the place of use.
- Our employees are required to maintain the confidentiality and privacy of personal
information during and after their employment.
- We do not collect, use, or provide personal information regarding any of the following.
Matters related to social discrimination, such as belief, religion, race/nationality,
mental handicaps, criminal records, and so forth; matters related to healthcare or
sex life; matters related to workers' organizations rights and organization activities;
matters related to demonstration activities, petitioning, or the exercising of any other
| Our company does not participate in the management of the usernames and passwords of
users. In the case that usernames or passwords are obtained by third parties due to user negligence, there is a possibility that registered personal information may then be viewed, and so please take responsibility for usage and management, and exercise full caution with regards to mistakes made during use, unauthorized usage by third parties, and so forth.
Also, please be fully aware that information voluntarily disclosed by users within the services we provide will become public information.
| Our company will continue to abide strictly by the Personal Information Protection Law, and as such may need to make changes to this policy in the future. In such a case, notification of any changes made will be made on this page.
July 1, 2005
Personal Information Management Officer:
President and CEO Yamasaki Yukinori
1-33-3-1903 Akabanenishi, Kita-ku, Tokyo, Japan